On Mon, 21 Apr 2014 19:37:40 -0000, Victoria Perez-Fragero <v...@me.com> wrote:

> I am not able to open any of my files.  My computer ran-out of battery & when
> I restarted it, the attached message came up.  Since then the attached
> message hasn't left my screen.  I'm not able to click on 'restore' or
> 'ignore', both when clicked have no effect.  The message still stays there.

On recent versions of Mac OS X it might happen, especially after a "Force
quit", that the following error message appears: "Restore Windows - The
application OpenOffice.org was forced to quit while trying to restore its
windows. Do you want to try to restore its windows again?". If you cannot get
rid of it: Option-click the "Go" menu; choose "Library" from the menu to open
the folder in the Finder; click on the folder "Saved Application State"; delete
the file "org.openoffice.script.savedState". See bug 119006 and bug 123681 for
more information.

copied from the release notes -> known issues:

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/AOO+4.0.1+Release+Notes#AOO4.0.1ReleaseNotes-KnownIssues

please also note that the attached message has been filtered out by the list's
engine. the list usually accepts only *.odt, *.ods etc.