On Wed, 18 Jun 2014 17:06:17 -0000, Darren Smith
<darren.smith_1...@yahoo.com.invalid> wrote:

I need help in either transferring text from writer into draw

in draw, select the 'text' tool on the 'drawing' toolbar, create a text box of
the desired size and paste enything you want into the box.

or layering in write so that I can add pictures.

insert the picture in the document, right-click on it and open the 'picture'
dialogue. then choose 'anchor to page' on the 'type' tab, switch to the 'wrap'
tab, choose 'through' and tick 'in background'. after that you may have to
return to the 'type' tab and adjust the picture's position.