I think the "default browser" applies to the operating system
(Windows/Linux/etc), not an application (such as Apache OpenOffice).
Maurice

-----Original Message-----
From: "J. Van Brimmer" [mailto:jerry...@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, August 07, 2014 3:12 PM
To: users@openoffice.apache.org
Subject: Change default browser

I have OO-4.1.0 on Xubuntu Linux. I just installed it, and when I started up
Writer, after a few seconds it presented me with a notification saying that
there was updates for an installed extension.
So I clicked on the button. After it found the extension update, I clicked
on the Install button. The first time this happened, it then presented me
with a list of installed browsers and asked me to select one. I clicked on
"chrome", because I do have Chrome installed. It failed saying that it
couldn't find the default browser. Now, every time I try to rerun the
process, it doesn't present me with a list of installed browsers, it just
fails, saying again that it can't find the default browser.

So, I can't find where to change the default browser in Writer. Does anybody
know? I tried renaming the profile folder, that didn't work, it still
failed.

--
Jerry