On Wed, 03 Sep 2014 15:46:52 -0400
Manuela Werthwein <manu...@visionofspirit.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have been using Apache OpenOffice for quite some time and just
> love....so thank you for this.
>
> Now I seem to have a problem with it this time.....I downloaded the new
> version of Apache OpenOffice 4.1.1. yesterday and I never had this
> problem before.  So the issue is that when I open up documents new or
> old, all of the words are underlined in red which shouldn't be.  Can you
> please give me some guidance on how to rectify this situation.
>
> Many thanks,
>
> Manuela Werthwein
>
> 613-231-4575
>
> manu...@visionofspirit.com
> manu...@windowtothesoul.com

The cure for a very great number of such problems is to delete orrename the
OpenOffice User Profile. The detail of this, which differs slightly according
to the operating system you are using, is discussed in this posting on the user
Forum
https://forum.openoffice.org/en/forum/viewtopic.php?f=74&t=12426

--
Rory O'Farrell <ofarr...@iol.ie>