At 11:46 24/10/2014 +0200, Dave Barton wrote:
Steve Wolf wrote:
On Thu, Oct 23, 2014 at 4:55 PM, Nobody Noname wrote:
I am a computer knowledge deficient individual who needs basic information of doing things with my computer. I am currently running in Windows 7 and have installed Open Office which I use for basic typing where I print out what I type. No problem doing that, HOWEVER if I want to email what I type I am told that I must ASSOCIATE Open Office with my EMail Program (Windstream Mail). dummy guy here doesn't know HOW?

Hi. Let me try to help. Load Open Office Write[r]. Click on Tools >> then Options >> then Internet >> Email. Now on the right select your email program with the ... button. If the system default email is not in the box you will have to navigate the ... button to the directory and email program you want to use. Hope this helps.

In the OP case this will not work because he is using browser based webmail (Windows Live Mail), not a "real" email client program.

As Alexandro pointed out "Save the file and then insert the saved file as an attachment."

Sorry, but both these replies are confused.

1. Windows Live Mail, which the original questioner is in indeed using, is not a web mail facility but is a PC mail client - the successor to Outlook Express. So setting this as the default mail facility does make sense.

2. Tools | Options... | Internet | Email does not exist in the Windows version of OpenOffice (which the questioner must be using), so nothing can be set there. Instead, OpenOffice simply inherits the "default e-mail program" set in Windows itself. That is where the user can change things.

(Oh, and Windstream is not his or her mail client, of course, but the mail provider.)

Brian Barker