On Sat, 22 Nov 2014 15:13:15 +0100
Andrea Pescetti <pesce...@apache.org> wrote:

> On 16/11/2014 Andrea Pescetti wrote:
> > The current OpenOffice 4.1.1 will probably be the last version where the
> > Windows version is not signed.
>
> An update and a clarification: we expect to deliver signed binaries by
> the end of 2014 (see dev list) and when I speak about "signed binaries",
> I mean "signed binaries that Windows recognizes as such": all past
> versions of Apache OpenOffice are signed, but not in a way that Windows
> will recognize out of the box. See
> http://www.openoffice.org/download/checksums.html
>
> Regards,
>    Andrea.

If I may make one comment (as a native English speaker): "Activation codes" is
perhaps an unhappy choice of words. "Activation codes" normally indicates to a
user that this is a code to unlock a trial version of a program, which we know
is not the case with OpenOffice. The same term is often used by unofficial
sites offering a tainted download of OpenOffice, in their attempt to get money
from downloaders.

Perhaps "Verification code" or "Security verification" might be a better choice
for the term. I'm sure there may even be better terms than those - I'm in haste
as I have to leave for a meeting and am not devoting my full attention to the
naming.

--
Rory O'Farrell <ofarr...@iol.ie>