On Fri, 24 Apr 2015 02:26:54 +0000 (UTC)
Bob <sme...@yahoo.com.INVALID> wrote:

> To whom it may concern,I am at my wits end with the spell check in OO.I can
> find nothing in the forum about the problem of "the spell check does not
> work". the only thing I can find is for V 3.4. I repeatedly searched for
> solutions for the issue in V 4.1.1 and am referred back to the same page in
> the forum regarding V3.4 issues. The answers there are NOT applicable to my
> version. I have re-installed the program several times and it seems that NO
> ONE HAS FIXED IT YET! What do I have to do to make this program work? I write
> a doc and everything I write is underlined and I must either add every word
> to the DIC or use Ignore all. There are no suggestions in the spell checker!
> Robert Smith

Try this method

Click the Start Button on your Desktop and click Documents. This opens a
Windows Explorer window. Near the top of the window, there are two boxes. The
smaller one on the right is the Search box. The larger one on the left is the
Address Bar. Copy %appdata% and paste it in the Address Bar, then press Enter.
This opens the Roaming folder where you should see an OpenOffice.org folder.
Double-click the OpenOffice.org folder and continue double-clicking folders
that appear in the window until you see the user folder. Rename the user folder.

--
Rory O'Farrell <ofarr...@iol.ie>