Hi,

Microsoft Office cannot open drawings in .odg format. Microsoft Office suite has no application like Draw. I don't know, whether any other product of Microsoft can open it. Draw is a unique selling point of Apache OpenOffice and LibreOffice. It is a pity, that Draw is not considered when comparing office suites.

Microsoft Office cannot open Math-documents in .odf format.

Kind regards
Regina

Dennis E. Hamilton schrieb:
Starting with Microsoft Office 2007 (SP3 I think), Microsoft Office will open
ODF 1.1 .odt, .ods, and .odp files.  Also, the Microsoft Office on the Web
(using OneDrive) and Microsoft OneDrive will take uploads of .odt, .ods, and
.odp files.  I have opened such files using the Microsoft Office Web
applications in my browser.

Each version is better than the next at handling ODF files.  ODF 1.2 support
appeared in Microsoft Office 2013.  I am told that Microsoft Office 2016, now
available as a trial application has further improvements.

Note that Microsoft Office targets compatibility with the ODF specifications.
That is not the same as compatibility with the OpenOffice support for ODF, so
it is necessary to experiment.  There are differences in the features each
supports and also in implementation-defined and implementation-dependent
handling of options as permitted by the ODF specifications.

  - Dennis