The screenshot attachment is not preserved by the list.

However, based on what you say, there are a couple of likely cases.

 1. The file is not being opened by OpenOffice Base.  You can check that by
opening Base first (using the Apache OpenOffice dashboard that has buttons for
all of the individual applications) and taking the option to open an existing
database file.  See if you can find your simple .odb and open it that way.

 2. If (1) fails, your .odb file may have been corrupted and is not being
recognized as an OpenOffice Base file by Apache OpenOffice.

To explore (2) further, please open an issue on the Apache OpenOffice bugzilla
at <https://bz.apache.org/ooo/>.  You will need to create an account for
yourself using the email address you want to follow the issue with.

You can add the screenshot as an attachment.  You can also upload the .odb file
as an attachment of the same issue.  Consider whether or not you have
proprietary information in the database before doing that -- the issue
attachment will be public.

If you can't upload the .odb (including it being too large for an attachment)
there are tests you can run yourself.  Make a copy of the .odb and rename it to
be a .zip instead of .odb.  If a Zip utility can't open it, or if the Test
feature of a Zip utility such as 7-zip or WinZip says the file is damaged or
not a Zip, that confirms the .odb has been corrupted.  It is probably not
recoverable.

 - Dennis