On 24/11/16 9:31 PM, Doug wrote:

On 11/23/2016 07:59 PM, Bert Carter wrote:
Greetings to Whoever,

I have used Open Office for a few years now and find it excellent.

Previous the default program to open documents on my computer has been Open Office.

Windows 10 has changed the default program to Microsoft Word and I can’t change it back to Open Office no matter how hard I try.

Can you please advise how I can change it back?

Regards,  Bert Carter

I suspect that if you use a non-Microsoft email and browser, you will be able to open documents received in your choice of application.

It has nothing to do with the email or browser your always able to open each file with whatever program you prefer
just select Open with... from the pull down menu in Windows Explorer.

If you want your selection as default select Always use this app to open .??? files

Also, you might delete MSWord if you never use it, but first make sure that OO will open all files that Word will.

--doug