On 06/12/16 5:05 PM, Bart Francis wrote:
What is a “frame” and where do I find them?

Click on the link *document* in my answer and start reading the document.

On Dec 5, 2016, at 8:16 PM, Martin Groenescheij <mar...@groenescheij.com <mailto:mar...@groenescheij.com>> wrote:

Forwarded to Poster

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject:        Re: Transferring photos to a Word document
Date:   Tue, 6 Dec 2016 14:55:10 +1100
From:   Martin Groenescheij <mar...@groenescheij.com>
To:     users@openoffice.apache.org
CC:     mar...@groenescheij.com

On 06/12/16 12:17 PM, Bart Francis wrote:
I am having problems on my Mac Book when I use Open Office Word to create a
text document and then want to add photos from files in finder. The first
problem is that, once I have sized the photos and located them on the page, if
I then shut down the program and open it later to continue, all of the photos
have shifted around uncontrollably. They don’t stay put. Also, when I try to
email the word file with the photos in place to someone, the photos will have
moved again randomly. What do I have to do to keep the photos where I place
them?

Frames are your friend see this document <http://www.odfauthors.org/openoffice.org/english/userguide3/writer3/V3_3_revisions/wg3.3-writer-guide-full-book-pdf-10-jan-2011/v>:
Use frames when you need to:
• Position something in a particular place on a page, for example, a logo or a “stop press” news box in one corner of a page. • Allow text on one page to continue on another page, somewhere more distant than the next one, by linking the content of one frame to another so the contents flow between them as you edit the text.
• Wrap text around an object, such as a photograph.

Also, how can I put a short caption under each photo?
Thank you for any help you can give me.
Bart Francis