On 16/02/17 3:37 PM, RUI MANUEL VIEIRA PINTO wrote:
Thank you for the answer.

The reason of mistakes is because we work in fast mode with many print jobs. You are right but is easier to note when something pop up than look at more one thing.
The difference is that the software interacts with us when pop up.
If we have to look at one more item in the left side of the window and also modify items in the righ side of the window it is just another task. And I think that people only want to print selected items in very rare ocasions when we talk about text documents.

If that is the case than use the Print button in the Toolbar this give the desired message, but it only print directly to your default printer.

Regards
De: Martin Groenescheij <mailto:mar...@groenescheij.com>
Enviado: ‎15/‎02/‎2017 23:33
Para: users@openoffice.apache.org <mailto:users@openoffice.apache.org>
Cc: rui...@gmail.com <mailto:rui...@gmail.com>
Assunto: Re: Programming bad developed in OpenOffice Writer - paper waste

On 15/02/17 9:53 PM, Rui Pinto wrote:
> Hello,
>

> In OpenOffice Writer if we accidentally select with mouse some letters
> and use the print function it will print only the letters selected.

If you have selected a portion of your document the print menu
automatically has selected the Print Selection button.
It shows a thumbnail of the output. Your still can select one of the
other options before you click the OK button.

>     This has ruined several paper sheets whitout reason.

Well the reason was that you made accidentally three mistakes in a row.

> If some letters are selected the function print should warn that only
> part of the document will be printed due to selection.

Agreed and that is what the function did, but if you don't pay attention
to the warnings you suffer the consequences.