-------- Original Message --------
From: Doug Harris <mr.write.whene...@gmail.com>
To: users@openoffice.apache.org
Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2017 15:45:42 -0500

> I am a writer, and I create a number of new files daily. Every time I do
> so, I have to manually change the font/size from Times New Roman to
> Calibri, my font of choice, 11 pt being my size of choice.
> I can't find a way to make that a permanent change.
> Please help.
> Doug Harris

You can do that by forcing changes the software's global settings from
the main menu "/Tools -> Options../" item.

This works, but does not give you the flexibility of creating and using
your own personal default template for the Writer word processor.
See: https://forum.openoffice.org/en/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1161

Dave