hello.
java is specially required for base.
if you only need writer, you dont need to install java for writer!
also i read that windows deffender is not compatible with opensource
office suites and considers them as trojan.
microsoft should solves this problem for windows ten users.

On 2/25/17, Hagar Delest <delest.ha...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Java is needed for some features only. Basically, AOO will work without.
> Installing a JRE is not difficult, you have to install the 32bit version
> however.
> There is also a bug but with a workaround if you have difficulties. See:
> https://forum.openoffice.org/en/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=87501
>
> Beware, you're not subscribed to the list, you may miss other replies.
>
> Hagar
>

> Le 25/02/2017 à 02:09, Nicholas Cady a écrit :
>> Please help me. I have been using OpenOffice Writer on a Vista computer
>> for several years. I just bought a Dell Windows 10 computer, and
>> downloaded OpenOffice to it. It ran sort of OK, but Windows got quite
>> balky so I deleted the OO.o.
>>
>> I really want to use OO.o Writer again. But I read in one place that you
>> need Java for functionality, and in another that you don’t. So could you
>> please tell me what I really do need to install and run OO.o Writer?
>>
>> Thank you for your info and help   --   Nick Cady,
>> c...@unr.edu<mailto:c...@unr.edu>

holy quran, chapter 21, verse 107.
in the very authentic narration is:
al-islam.org