On 03/09/2017 09:57 PM, VinceB. wrote:

>I have yet to come up with a practical use of the AOO BASE module

People can use BASE for everything that they use the Jet Database Engine
for. The major obstacle being the lack of readily accessible
documentation on using BASE.

> Anyone care to give their list of BASE task applications?

I know a couple of people who use BASE as a front end for SQLite.

Somewhere in the AOo website, but neither in the template section, nor
in the section that explains using BASE, are four or five BASE
templates, for a music database.

In either the AOo or LibO template repository are:
* A recipe database;
* An inventory system;

> and may give me reason to reconsider using a DBM rather than a spreadsheet
> tool in some instances.

Databases tend to be far less destructive of data than spreadsheets are.

#####

On a personal level, I much prefer SQLite as a database engine.

jonathon