On 03/18/2017 10:49 AM, Edward C wrote:

> Is the code so different now that it would not make sense for an Openoffice
> dev to have a look at what they did to fix the bug

I haven't examined the code base of the two projects, but based upon the
way the various extensions function, I suspect that the code base of the
two projects has diverged enough, that code has to be specifically
written for each project.

IOW, a patch for one project will have no effect when integrated into
the other project, unless it is rewritten. Whether or not looking at the
code that fixed in a bug in one project, will provide a useful algorithm
to fix the same bug in the other project, is useful, depends upon a
plethora of unrelated factors.

The other hurdle is that the two projects use different licenses.
Whether or not they are compatible is something best left for the
lawyers to decide.

jonathon