On 13/03/2017 Dave wrote:
In the days of OOo moderators had the facility to tag the subject line
of posts moderated through to the list, but previous requests to the AOO
PMC to provide similar facilities for this list have been strongly
resisted. The justification being that the mailing list software
<sarcasm> just like ALL software </sarcasm> cannot be modified to add
new features.

Just for additional clarification, the OpenOffice PMC would be totally for a better and more flexible mailing list management. The entity who resisted changes (and for an understandable reason, since this puts additional strain on them; so we can't really demand, but merely ask) is Infra, as plenty of issues started by me and others in the Infra JIRA show.

Regards,
  Andrea.