On 3/27/2017 8:23 PM, Joseph Ector wrote:
> I recently upgraded from Open Office 2.0.4 to version 4.1.3 in hopes
> of being able to read saved information in the Microsoft Works [.wpg]
> format, but have so far been unable to do so.  I have had no trouble
> reading a Works Spreadsheet, however.  I need some help/guidance to be
> able to do the same thing against Works Text documents.
> Any help would  be greatly appreciated.
> Thanks,
> joe.ec...@gmail.com

Apache OpenOffice does not support the Works text format. I suspect the
reason you can read the spreadsheet is that the files were created with
later Versions of the Works Suite that used the xlr format for the
spreadsheets. The xlr format is a stripped down version of the xls
binary format that AOO does support.

I believe that LibreOffice may support the Works test and older
spreadsheet formats.

As you are not subscribed to the list I have cc'd your e-mail as a
courtesy. Please reply only to the list and not my personal e-mail.

Regards
Keith McKenna