Google Translate:

I get too often in the calculations and writer programs. Error message "Not responding". You have to wait a while, up to one minute or more, before the program responds again. The alternative is to force the program to force and recreate the current file and start over from the beginning. I have the latest version of the program, installed in January 2017. Works in Win 10 environment.

How can I correct this problem?

There are to many setting hence we can give only some hints.
Check your settings in Tools -> Options -> OpenOffice -> Memory
These settings should be in line with the size and complexity of your document
Check your settings in Tools -> Options ->Load/Save
If your Save AuoRecovery information is set to 5 minutes you can expect that your document is locked during the time needed for the save.
    Again the time to save depends on the size of the document.
Then of course there are your Operating System limitations e.g. memory, concurrent processes and storage devices for example if your
document is stored on a USB device it will take longer to save etc.