On 06/09/2017 09:43 PM, Patti C wrote:

> Could you please have a grammar and punctuation checker

Several grammar, punctuation, and style checkers are available for
Apache OpenOffice.

Download and install the appropriate extensions.

I'll also mention that for more comprehensive grammar or spell checking,
you'll need to install supplementary rule sets for those tools. These
rule sets are available from the home site of the specific extension.

>equipped with a thesaurus

Likewise, several spelling checkers and thesauri are available for
Apache OpenOffice. You can find them at
https://extensions.openoffice.org/ and
https://extensions.libreoffice.org/extensions.

https://templates.openoffice.org/ or LibreOffice's set of templates.

> Could you please state whether the spelling of a word is Canadian or
> American, such as color or colour?

If you have configured AOo to Canadian English, and installed a Canadian
English dictionary, when you use American English, the words are flagged
when incorrectly spelled for Canadian English.

As far as Canadian English Grammar Checking, and American English
Grammar Checking goes, that is a function of the grammar checker that
you installed.

> Thank you for taking the time to read my email. I hope I have not overwhelmed
> you.

I take it that reading the user manual, completely, utterly, and
absolutely overwhelmed you, on the basis that it describes a plethora of
options and functions, including all of those that you requested here.

jonathon