Hello

I have been a user of Open Office for a couple of years.  Recently , however I
have had 2 issues that I cannot explain.  FYI I haven’t made any recent
upgrades or installation of any new programs.   I am running Windows 10, have
both Ethernet and WiFi; have more than enough memory and storage. I am using
Bitdefender. I Used to administer the systems in my law office so I consider
myself a bit more savvy than average.

The issue:

  1.  This started in the latter part of April, 2017. I lost my dictionary.  I
tried to install language packs to no avail. I repaired the program. No dice.
So I uninstalled the program and reinstalled it.  No good.  Have lived without
it.
  2.  Now I can’t save my documents.  This is the message I receive.

Error saving the document __document name

Error creating object

Could not create backup copy.

It happens every time I use the program. So I have started giving files
different names but this is not a solution.

I can create a file and save it, but I can’t save thereafter.

Please help.  I work from home so I rely on my computer.  If I can’t solve it,
I’ll have to find something else.  Thanks.