On Fri, 30 Jun 2017 10:05:03 -0400
James Knott <james.kn...@rogers.com> wrote:

> On 06/30/2017 03:10 AM, Andrea Pescetti wrote:
> > See http://s.apache.org/genuine-openoffice since it likely applies to
> > your case.
>
> Perhaps that link, along with a brief message, should be included in the
> list sig.

  A sig wouldn't matter or help. Clearly >95% of the people who use e-mail
  haven't a clue what they're doing and refuse to learn more than is necessary
  to type their message and hit send. Anything else makes that one synapse
  happening in their skull hurt immensely.

  Perfect examples...my 79 year old mother. She thinks she's smarter than most
  anyone on the planet and will literally tell you so. Yet when I tell her how
  to use her e-mail program (the one that comes bundled with SeaMonkey...I've
  got her using Linux for the past 5 years) 'better', she complains that she's
  too old to remember anything like that yet will turn around ten minutes later
  and tell me how I should fix someones setup to a new printer - when I ask her
  how I should do it I get a blank stare and crickets chirping and I nod my head
  and ignore her.

  My best friend who is 47, refuses to learn how to use an e-mail client at all,
  claiming it's too complicated and will instead just do everything through the
  google website client for his account. He too though is the kind who will tell
  you all kinds of things that he'll get PO'd at you for doubting him about
  until you show him proof he's wrong...just don't ever expect an apology from
  either of the two examples I just mentioned.

  It's sad and disheartening. Years ago when it was Microslop 2000 and older
  OS's on most systems, I was the person in my town who made housecalls to fix
  peoples' computers. I can honestly say that in the 3 years I did that, I swear
  by all the gods, that at *least* 75% of the people that I called 'customers'
  should not have owned a computer at all, ever. I had over 300 'customers', so
  do the math.

--
Huh, funny how Homeland Security rhymes with Gestapo.