> Hi there,
>
> I am a new user to OpenOffice and was wondering if when I write lets say a
> spreadsheet with macros on it and sent to someone who would have to open
> that file in Excel cause they don't use OpenOffice, would the macros still
> work or would it not work like when one opens an Excel file with macros and
> it doesn't work.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Emma

Most things related to Basic (the programming language) will work in Excel
too, but as soon as you want to do spreadsheet related things, it won't
work at all, unless you simulate all that UNO stuff by writing your own
objects for them in Excel, but you will need to create a lot of objects… :P

If Apache OpenOffice supported VBA (Visual Basic for Applications), then
you'd have to buy it, just like you buy MS Office.

Kind regards

Johnny Rosenberg