On 29/10/2020 04:20, Art Pederson wrote:
Because the file originated from friends "Read" link, I could not identify
the file type.

OpenOffice opens only files that are associated with OpenOffice, which you could set

in Windows, just open the Control Panel and learn how to use it.

But the best solution is to educate your "friend" to distribute reading material in PDF
format. Don't expect that the whole world is using Microsoft Office365.

The other thing I don't understand is that you talk about Outlook365 which is a mailing
application and OpenOffice isn't a mailing application.

On Wed, 28 Oct 2020 at 01:16, Alan Pearce <alannpea...@talktalk.net.invalid>