On Sat, 19 Dec 2020, Loretta Chardin wrote:

I wrote a story in pdf and saved it in Apache Open Office and when I try to open it I just get a bunch of symbols. This hasn’t happened with other stories.

Please help, thanks!

Loretta

To my knowledge OpenOffice doesn't read pdf's. you need a pdf reader.

sometimes your browser will do it, Firefox does; trick is to point the browser to the file.

Don't know if you are using Windows or something else but there are plenty of free pdf readers.

You probably 'exported' your story to pdf while you actually 'saved' your other tales in OpenOffice format (.ods).

fjd

--
Felmon Davis

Verbum sat sapienti.