After using OpenOffice forever without any hitch, I have lost access to a
VERY IMPORTANT file because of a strange ASCII filter option which I do not
know what it means and do not want to know. Why did the system not just
leave me alone to use .odt files like I always have? I think Apache
Systems/Open Office should help out in this matter. My name is John Doyle,
jjd1...@gmail.com and I am sending you the file in question, which contains
every password I have ever used but I trust you not to share it. I can't
function without it. For God's sake, please help. I have all the passwords
for my 51 year old son who has weeks, not months left, with Stage 4
Pancreatic cancer. He needs me to give him all his passwords or my
grandsons. Thank you for your help. I tried the oppenofficeforum.org but
nothing worked. I also deleted 4.1.5 and re-installed 4.1.10 but that too
failed to get past the request for ASCII filter options, whatever the hell
that is! Thanks for your help.