Hi John,

I see a lot of topics in your email. So please forgive me if I hurry through them. I understand that you have troubles at the moment and maybe not the mind for all of this right now.

a) Important:

Please note you published your phone number on the internet. We do advise against it, please look take care on your privacy. This email is copied to various archives which are public reachable. This has been done now for 30 or so years. And you agreed to this by sending this to the email address of your choseing.

b) About your main Issue recovering files:

You have options at [1]. The tutorial describes what you can do on total loss. Which is far more then  what you experience in my opionion. We try to improve the ressilliance in such cases.

But there is not much that we can do when the system starts to stop.

c) your options on Office tools for the future

AOO is not a cloud tool, and thus is hardly comparable to O365 as it is offered today. The right match would be next Cloud or OwnCloud, with their Web implementation of LibreOffice(LO) / OneOffice /ColaboraOffice. You can buy services that are cheaper, or similar price then O365. Which brings me to AOO. AOO is currently developed on pro-bono model.

The business people have forked into LibreOffice [3], they have more business support options, due to their stronger commercial footprint. (I am oversimplifying here, for the shake on the message.) You can try reach out to companies at [2] concerning AOO, to receive professional service. However this include likely involve cost.

d) On your System Choice

I want to give you a story of a Yoga teacher[4]. Maybe this is something for you to read. I wonder why your Operating system has been started to reboot, during your important work. This should not happen.

Maybe you want to look into your setup in general.

my general opinion:

# If you need professional help, plan it up front and not when you are in an emergency.

# Have a fail strategy ready. Not only this gives you faith, but it will help in emergency situations.

# Dont fear to invest time into your IT. Build your own know How. You need less then you think, but the right one.

All the Best

Petko

AOO Committer

[1] https://forum.openoffice.org/en/forum/viewtopic.php?f=71&t=85038