Hello,

Sorry to hear that OpenOffice has no simple start for you.

Can you please, take a short time and answer the following questions?

- What Operating System do you use?

- Have you checked the Release notes?

- What indicates to you that the Software is not working? - (Please, try to explain like you would explain it to a child. It makes it simpler for me to understand what the issue is.)

For your planned expenditure on AOO, this might be good to know.

Apache OpenOffice is developed on voluntary bases, There are only a very small amount of volunteers that do not work on pro bono bases. We offer the Software at no cost at downloads.openoffice.org or on the Windows 11 store.

You can support Apache OpenOffice by joining the community, and help with translation, guides, tests of new versions and other streams.

You can also donate to the ASF. The ASF provides the Project Infrastructure, that we need to develop Apache OpenOffice. We greatly appreciate any donation from your side if you want to support us here.

Currently there is no simple way for the community to provide funds for an improved development cycle.

All the best

Peter