Hi Richard,

Richard Gill schrieb am 16.11.2022 um 10:23:
Dear Sir

I am struggling to find a way to display the results of a formula when
editing into a different document. It picks up the formatting, but not the
results.

Can you help please?

1. Make sure source and target file are already saved.
2. Open source and target file.
3. Write = in the cell in the target file.
4. Click on the cell in the source file.
You should have got something like this in the formula bar:
='file:///D:/Desktop/KannwegSource.ods'#$Sheet1.A4
The cell itself will show the result.

When the source changes, you can go to Edit > Links, select the corresponding entry and click on Update button.

Of course you can write the formula manually too.

Notice, that URL is absolute. So you need to change the formula when moving the source file.

Or you can try function DDE. For syntax see help. But I cannot get it to update, at least not as array function for a range, so there might be something broken with DDE.

Kind regards,
Regina