Hi,

Am 13.12.22 um 23:33 schrieb Kay Harper:
My open office system will not open.  I thought perhaps I could remove the
program and download it again.  When I try to remove it I come up with the
following:   Please exit the Open Office 4.1.1.13 and the OpenOffice 4,1,13
Quickstarter before you continue.  If you are using a multi-user system. Also
make sure that no other user has OpenOffice 4.1.13 open.  I am the only user on
this system.  I am using Windows 10.  Hlp would be greatly appreciated.

something like this may happen when upgrading while OpenOffice (OO) is running or in similar situations. I do not use Windows, but I would guess there is some entry in the registry which indicates that OO is already open, which causes this kind of error message. There may also be some kind of mixup with the admin account (IIRC, later Windows versions allow installation of some programs only as admin). Then you would have to log in as admin and look for some indication of an open OO.

I hope this helps. Maybe someone else who uses Windows can give more info.

Martin