On 09/07/2008 03:01 AM, Dingo-Dog wrote:

> NoOp-4 wrote:
>>
>> Actually cups-pdf can print to custom formats, you just need to use a
>> ppd that allows this. For example; if you use the Ghostscript
>> ghostpdf.ppd you can set PDF settings to Default, Screen, Ebook, Print,
>> and Prepress. The colour model to Default, RGB, CMYK, or Grey. You can
>> also set Color, Grey, and Monochrome Image Compression, PDF
>> Compatibility, etc., etc.
>>
>> I'd be willing to bet that if you do a
>>
>> locate ghostscrip.ppd
>>
>> you'll probably get back something like:
>> $ locate ghostpdf.ppd
>> /usr/share/ghostscript/8.61/lib/ghostpdf.ppd
>>
>> Set up a separate cups-pdf printer using that ppd and you'll see what I
>> mean.
>>
> first of all, thanks for your golden suggestions
>
> I will check later the colorspace, now, meanwhile, I have settled another
> pdf printer as you suggested. Only one problem: my page size is 17 x 24 cm
> and this pagesize is not provided among printable formats. the most similar
> format is ISO B5 (17,6 x 25 cm) but if try to print in ISO B5 a 17 x 24 cm
> page, this page is not centered: in fact, right margin is bigger than left
> and bottom is bigger than top, so document is altered in its proportions.
>
> Can I set a 17 x 24 cm pagesize in a ppd file and how?

I've not tried this, but the ppd file is a text file. Copy ghostpdf.ppd
someplace and open with a text editor. Have a look through it and you'll
see the page sizes; modify accordingly and then save the file with a
different name (perhaps myghostpdf.ppd). Now create a new pdf printer
using myghostpdf.ppd and see if that works for you.

You may also need to experiment with the OOo page settings as well. If
ISO B5 isn't setting up properly it may be your OOo settings that are
causing the problem.