[snip]

> At 02:27 12/09/2008 -0400, Jason Cipriani wrote:
>
>> Page 9 is exactly the type of formatting that I am going for. Note the
>> bold lines of text, aligned with the left margin of the page, and the
>> content underneath each of those bold lines that is indented and formatted
>> arbitrarily (e.g. some has bullets, there are paragraphs, images, all sorts
>> of things).

Hello Jason,

As Brian stated, the secret is to use styles. Take a look at the attached
file.
It uses two heading styles, a default paragraph style and a list style and I
guess the result is very, very close to what you want.
Feel free to open the style and formatting window and inspect how the
effects are achieved.

The only warning I have to give you is that I used OOo 3.0rc1 to create it,
so it may not display correctly on OOo2.4.1.

Cheers,

Michele