2008/9/12 Laurent Duperval <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> Hi,
>
> I find the default bullet to be too large. How do you change it to be
> smaller? I know about setting it in the List* styles window, but that
> isn't what is used by default when you press on the bulleting icon on the
> UI.
>
> What I'm looking for is a way to make the bullet automatically smaller
> when I click on the bulleting icon.
>
> Thanks,

> --
> Get free public speaking and communication tips
> by registering at http://www.duperval.com
>
> Bring out the speaker in you!

> Hello L,

Actually I do not think it is possible to change the default bullet and
numbering.
One possible way around it could be (not for the faint hearted ;-) ):

0. open a new document

1. Customize one List style, say "List 5"

2. Tools > record macro apply the style List 5, then stop the recorder. Call
the macro something like "mybullets"

3. customize the formatting toolbar (small triangle or Tools > Customize):
3.1 add a new button
3.2 associate it to the macro "mybullets",
3.3 assign the new button the same icon as the bullets toolbar,
3.4 position the new button so that it replaces the default one (make the
default one invisible)

4. remove any other edits from the document and save it as template File >
Templates > Save. Call it something like "MyDefault"

5. File > Templates > Organizer select the template MyDefault and make it
the default template using the commands button.

Now every time you create a docuement it will use your template and when you
push the bullets icon on the toolbar will show your favourite bullet.

Note: since you are creating your own default, you may want to change other
stuff such as margins, paper size, headings sizes, headers and footers....

Cheers,

Michele