2008/10/4 Jerry Feldman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> I was just wondering how to change tjhe bullet style for individual lines.
> For instance, I have a list using boxes, (in a checklist), and I want to
> change the bullet style just for the single item. It tends to change not
> only the selected line, but those following.
>
> --
> Jerry Feldman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Boston Linux and Unix
> PGP key id: 537C5846
> PGP Key fingerprint: 3D1B 8377 A3C0 A5F2 ECBB  CA3B 4607 4319 537C 5846

> Hello,

The easiest way would be to make use of the list styles:
* Press F11 to open the styles and formatting window
* select the List styles icon (fifth from the left)

-- create the empty box list style
* right click on List 1 and select "Modify"
* in the options page select the button with three dots ... next to
"character" and pick the hollow square character (e.g. U+2751 if you use
OpenSymbol font)
* Click OK and OK again to close the dialog

-- create the checked list style
* right click on List 2 and repeat the steps above, this time selecting the
checked symbol (e.g. U+E4C4 if you use OpenSymbol font).

Now, select the whole list, switch off the bullets and numbering using the
button in the standard toolbar, then while the list is still selected apply
the List style List 1.
Move the cursor on the list item you want to change and dobule click on List
2 to apply the different style.

=====

Tips for advanced users

- if you want to re-use the custom list styles, empty the document and save
it as a template.
- the default list styles (List 1 through List 5) cannot be renamed, so
chances are that after a couple of weeks you will have forgotten which style
is which. It pays to create two new styles (e.g. checked unchecked)
something you can do by simply right clicking on an empty part of the styles
and formatting dialog
- you can also associate the list styles to a paragraph style. This has
certain advantages as you can in a single go format the bullet and the text.

Cheers,

Michele