email address you can use when you have a users problem or question
about OpenOffice.org. However please note that it is a moderated email
list and most replies *only* go to the mailing list so you should really
consider subscribing by sending an email to
[EMAIL PROTECTED] There are many questions asked and
answered on the users mailing list every day, if you find that there are
too many emails then you can read the messages to these lists on
http://news.gmane.org/gmane.comp.openoffice.questions or subscribe to
the digest version of the list by emailing
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Please reply only to users@openoffice.org

On Mon, 2005-06-06 at 05:45 -0700, Jim Braden wrote:
> Thanks for the reply. I knew what needed to be done but not how to do it.
> I am up and running.
>
> New question: Every time I bring in a Word file from my backup or central
> disc, or when I open a new Text Document, there is a border around each page
> which I do not want. How do I get rid of it?
> Thanks, Jim

Page border as in Text boundary? This is non-printing and shows you your
margins. To turn it off go to View > Text boundaries and uncheck it.

> >From: CPHennessy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> >To: users@openoffice.org, "Jim Braden" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> >Subject: Re: [users] Open Office 1.1.4
> >Date: Sun, 5 Jun 2005 13:10:20 +0100
> >
> >On Thursday 02 June 2005 01:29, + Jim Braden wrote:
> > >  [ MODERATED ] ***********************
> > > Hi,
> > > I had to reinstall my Windows XP Professional 2002 recently due to my
> > > girlfriend's computer being terribly infected with viruses, Spyware, and
> > > other crap.
> > >
> > > I downloaded Open Office 1.1.4 today. I have extracted the files from
> >the
> > > Zip version that I downloaded, and am stuck their.
> > >
> > > How do I upzip or otherwise make the program come up and start working?
> >
> >As you are not subscribed you may not have seen that:
> >On Thursday 02 June 2005 05:12, Micheal Bauerle wrote:
> > > Did you run the setup to install the program.
> >
> >Please reply to users@openoffice.org only.
> >
> >--
> >CPH : openoffice.org contributor
> >
> >Maybe your question has been answered already?
> >                             http://user-faq.openoffice.org/#FAQ

PLEASE KEEP MESSAGES ON THE LIST.
OpenOffice.org Documentation Co-Lead
http://documentation.openoffice.org/