Doing some digging, I found where the "history" is located.

In the file:
%AppData%\OpenOffice.org<version>\user\registry\data\org\openoffice\Office\Common.xcu

On my computer, this is:
C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Application Data\OpenOffice.org1.9.104\user\registry\data\org\openoffice\Office\Common.xcu

This is a text (XML) file, which can be edited with a text editor.

Unless there is a "recommended" way to manually clear the history list, this is what I found.

- Eric.

manuel.alvarescorrea wrote:
Hello,

I use windows XP home, OOo 1.9.79 beta and MsOffice2000

In order to protect (superficially) my privacy, I, at times, do not want to leave behind any "recently used documents list".
In Windows XP, one can delete easily that list (somewhere in the start Menu); this list moreover does not indicate at first sight in which drive the document had been opened, and that is fine with me.

I cannot do the same in OOo; the 10 recent used documents list in the file submenu can of course be taken away (edit mode), but if restored, it restores also the 10 recent documents! It also indicates the names of files read in other drives than c:\.
Finally, how can I delete the famous list; I do not want to erase the function, just at times delete the 10 recent documents list, when it seems convenient.

Cheers
ManuelBoeba

No virus found in this incoming message. Checked by AVG Anti-Virus. Version: 7.0.323 / Virus Database: 267.6.4 - Release Date: 6/6/2005

--

“Normal does not, and can not, exist.  The definition of normal is: 'what most people are.'  There is no group of people who are exactly alike.  Therefore, there is no such thing as normal.  This makes being abnormal, the norm.”  — ECJB.

http://www.ecjb.dns2go.com/~church/ — Rebuild of church website (ongoing) on my computer.  Original URL www.christswesleyan.org

http://www.simegen.com/staff/eric/ — Some of the work I've done for www.simegen.com

AIM: ecjb1969, ecjb122369  —  ICQ: 51795138
Y!: ecjb1969  —  MSN: [EMAIL PROTECTED]