Tommy27 wrote:
PETITION: http://www.petitionspot.com/petitions/stoprenaissance/
Some OpenOffice developers announced, few time ago, a great (in their minds)
project: Trying to copy ugly, unusable Ribbon interface, made by Micro$oft
for Word and other Office products http://blogs.sun.com/GullFOSS/entry/prototyping_a_new_ui_july http://blogs.sun.com/GullFOSS/entry/prototyping_a_new_user_interface
This Ribbonized GUI has already several negative comments by Micro$oft
users, so, why trying to copy a poor GUi instead to analyze and solve
serious issues present in OpenOffice? (it has many serious issues)
if you Agree with me (and many other) please sign petition, so we can stop
OpenOffice renaissance (or middle age?) not useful project, and developpers
can avoid to stress and go to solve issues.

The petition has already collected 176 signatures. please, add yours

If this is true, and OOo is going to do something akin to Ribbon for OOo, then I'll just switch to AbiWord, simple as that. OOo will never ever get a referral from me ever again. That's all I have to say on the subject.