Hello

I am sorry to bother you, and hope that I have been linked to the right address to help solve this stupid little problem I'm having.

I have been using Open Office 3.x for years on both Windows XP and Vista.

In the past, my Text Object bar has always been displayed when starting a new session and now it is gone.

It now has to be started manually via [View] [Tool bars] [Text Object] at the start of every session.

This problem occurred while using version 3.0.

I checked all of my Options and Settings.

I referred to my Help menus.

I uninstalled and re-installed 3.0

I upgraded to 3.1.1

I performed a System Restore

I am starting to feel like a moron for not being able to figure out how I accidentally turned off this feature,

and how to turn it back on so that the Text Object bar stays permanent.

I do not have this problem with CALC where the Text Bar is always displayed when I fire up the program.

I know that it has got to be something simple, and when the solution is pointed out to me, I will bow my head in shame.

Thank you in advance for not laughing out loud at my total incompetence.

Sincerely
Wm. Mangold