John Meyer wrote:
On 1/14/2010 11:51 AM, Mary Hewitt wrote:
I am using Vista home edition, trying to download Openoffice 3.1
When I try to open and install Open office I get a bunch of files and then an 'error' message: WRONG OS OR OS VERSION FOR APPLICATION
Any suggestions?
Thanks,  Mary

you may have gotten a bad download, so I would suggest going to http://www.openoffice.org and re-downloading it. I've installed it on Vista so there should be no problems.

When you go to www.openoffice.org and do the download, it will get the version that seems to go with the operating system you are actually using for the download, unless you specifically choose a different one by following the link to get other versions. If you got the download from a different site, or using a different computer than the one you are trying to install on, you might have gotten a broken or inappropriate version for Vista. What is the name of the file you actually downloaded?