On 06/03/2010 03:37 AM, Michele Zarri wrote:
On 02/06/10 19:04, William Case wrote:
Hi;

I couldn't help noticing the "I forgot how to do page numbering" thread.

After using Open Office for over 5 years I still have to pause to think
my way through page numbering. I am not the only one. It seems to be a
frequent topic on the list. How difficult would it be to write a
function with a dialogue that can be attached to an icon or a menu item
that would walk a user through adding and or changing page numbers
through all the possible perms and combs.

Hello William,

True that page numbering is not intuitive, but that is the price you pay
for the flexibility you get by linking the page numbering to a page style.
If all you want do is to put a page number at the bottom (or top) of a
simple document you may want to install the Pagination extension [1],
which allows also other common tasks such as skipping the number of the
first page, but that can potentially wreck the page styles of your
document.

While searching for the link I also found another one, but I have never
tried it so do not know how it works exactly [2].

Cheers,

Michele

[1] http://extensions.services.openoffice.org/en/node/528
[2] http://extensions.services.openoffice.org/en/project/Pager

I downloaded the .oxt file at [1]. It's the first extension I've put on this system, although my to do list calls for more.

Where does this extension show up in the program toolbars? I thought maybe under "tools", but no luck.

--
Mark C. Miller
eyor...@comcast.net