In a message dated 2010.06.11 00:20 -0500, Jean-Baptiste Faure wrote:

Perhaps a problem with the size of bullets. If you play with the
character style "bullet", e.g by changing the size font, you modify the
line spacing. If it is a problem I think it is in OpenSymbol.

Yes, that's what Cor was wondering in his original post: If the nominal point size for the bullets is greater than exactly half the point size of the text [for example: text size 20, bullet size anything greater than 10], then the line spacing is increased. It certainly sounds like an OpenSymbol bug to me, but can't say for sure. I think that was Cor's question.

John