In a message dated 2010.06.15 02:29 -0500, jonathon wrote:

That alone is already a very interesting way to think about this,
beyond what Dotan originally proposed (or at least draws out more
explicitly an advantage implicit in the original proposal). But
then you make the case even more powerful:

Did you know that there was a macro for OOo 1.1.x that provided that
functionality?

No. But just to be clear, the functionality you refer is this?:
... the recovery aspect [has] a real benefit. As I indicated, the
current system does leave the possibility of having closely
related documents recovered to different points in the workflow.

So it was a macro to link documents fo synchronization, including synchronized recovery following a document crash? If so, I would love to see how that worked. If I have misunderstood your point, please correct.

It worked about as well as the equivalent in MSO97. (I don't remember
when Microsoft removed that functionality from MSO.)

I did not know MSO ever had such capability [but my ignorance is vast ;-) ].

John