On 07/15/2010 09:37 PM, NoOp wrote:
On 07/15/2010 03:09 PM, Mark C. Miller wrote:
Let me preface this by stating that I have already reviewed the material
in two books I own: "Getting Started with OpenOffice.org3" and "Writer
Guide".  Both are printed versions of the on-line help site.

What I need to do is place a "fontworks" graphic at the top of a page
and then type text under it.  I can't make it work.

I successfully use the Drawing Toolbar to access Fontworks.  I click on
the format desired.  My cursor is at the top of the page where I want to
insert the Fontworks.  I'm able to select the text to resize it to fit
my (1-inch) margins, enter my own text to replace the "holder" text,
adjust the size of the new text to 10.5, and change the color to blue.

What I can't get to work is placing the cursor under the Fontworks
graphic in order to begin my project (a Webquest).

I tried to create the Fontworks graphic in Draw and import it into
Writer without success.

I'd appreciate any help you can provide.  This is for a school project.
   The professor requires MS Office files; I'm using OOo on Ubuntu 10.04
and saving as an Office XP file.  This particular assignment requires
"word art" and images.  I haven't even started on the images yet -- I
want to get the Fontworks inserted first.

Caption?

See attached.

I successfully built my project using the sample you provided. However, when I save the file (as a Word XP file - the teacher requires MS Office files), the fontworks disappears. If I try to redo the fontworks, it is completely covered by a box of some kind. I thought it might be a text box into which you had inserted the fontworks originally. I don't get why it works in OOo but not in MS Word. Got any ideas?

mcm
--
Mark C. Miller
mmil...@millermc.net