On 8/23/2010 2:04 AM, John Kaufmann wrote:
In a message dated 2010.08.22 19:51 -0500, NoOp wrote:
Thank you, with some experimentation that should take care of the
line spacing issue. Any suggestions for the horizontal
positioning? The form has about 150 items, which do not line up
with each other and OO treats as individual paragraphs.

I'm not sure that I understand. You can used the same
Format|Paragraph|Indents&Spacing| for indentation. Checking, I
see that
I can go in increments of 0.02"/-0.02" for default (haven't
tried 0.01)
in points.

I /think/ I understand: WordPerfect allows absolute or relative
positioning (in WP parlance, "advancing") of anything to 1/1200"
[called wpu(=WordPerfect units)] - like a DPT program. For form
creation and matching, it's hard to beat for predictable ease of
use. I expect Bill is looking for something like that, which I
have not found it Writer. I've often made use of that capability,
and still return to WP when that kind of job is required, because
it's a far quicker and easier tool. Among word processors, at
least, WP probably has no peer as a print engine, so sometimes it
just makes sense to go back to that.

John
The problem I see with defining a paragraph indent is that I potentially have 150 different paragraphs, which would require 150 different style definitions.

I may be able to get by by using unbreaking spaces, but what a mess. I can't use WP on this project unfortunately.

bill