J-B,

In a message dated 2010.09.05 02:36 -0500, Jean-Baptiste Faure wrote:

Under:  "Tools">  "Autocorrect Options">  "Options" tab ... I still
don't see which option turns that behavior on/off ... Can you fill
in the blank, please?

It is the checkbox "Apply numbering - symbols" ...

I wish it were that simple in my case. When I was new(er) to Writer, I changed something to eliminate that behavior - but it was not that option, which is still selected in my system, yet I don't get that behavior. (I tried, with styles "Default" and "Text body" - and can no longer get that auto-numbering style that once annoyed me.) I wish I could remember, or figure out, what I did. Oh well, if/when it comes back to me, I will post here.

Thanks,
John