On 01/04/11 08:22, Séamas Ó Brógáin wrote:
<snip>
> Then I made a PDF of a document I am editing: about 350 pages (500 kb).
> The fault was there. Then I made a PDF just of the offending page. The
> fault is not there.
<snip>

I do have a wonder about why you are dealing with such a large document
in one file.
I know from experience that is is much easier to deal with dividing it
up into parts, like
chapters or sections of an outline, instead of one large document.  If
you need to keep
page numbers going properly, you do have the option to tell the document
what page number
to start off with.

I just never dealt with writing a document that large.  Also, I do know
that Ubuntu has
in its repository a program that merges many PDF files together.  I saw
it once a few
months back.  So if you print your document out into smaller PDF files
then merge them
together, you will end up with a large 300 or 400 page PDF.  Also I do
hate large page
count PDF documents.  It is nice to have each section in its own PDF
file or ODF one
like it does for the OOo documentation online for download to the OOo site.