Am 07.01.2011 21:57, Gordon Burgess-Parker wrote:

We have calendars - it's a question of getting reminders from the
database or form into them....

Dear Gordon,
Like many database questions, this one has nothing to do with any particular office suite or database program. You are extremely vague about the requirements. You mentioned "certain formalities" though.

Two simple lists (possibly even in plain text) may do the job. One for the marriages and one for the tasks related to every marriage. A cross join gives the combinations of all tasks and all the marriages and that's all you need to create a report of tasks related to marriages filtered by today's date plus/minus x days. Your operating system can keep task lists to start up a certain program with a certain file every morning or on computer start up.

But keep in mind that no software can do anything for you as long as you do not have any concept of data warehousing. Even a most simple flat list of marriages takes a lot of considerations and decisions. Sometimes apparently tiny modifications in the founding structure may require a whole rewrite of everything.

There is no artificial intelligence in electronic devices. This is why well trained IT people are the true VIPs of our times.

I'm confident this helps.
Greetings from Germany,
Andreas