On 09/21/11 17:08, Johnny Rosenberg wrote:

Can you give an example? I'm not sure what you mean by ”accepting
variable length parameter list”.
I do need to get some kind of statistic-like data. So I can not make any assumptions on the number of the results specified. Lets say that my macro is called "MACRO". It should be possible to put in the spreadsheet cell something like:
=MACRO(A13;D15;C1)
and also:
=MACRO(A2;D1)
Then our MACRO should return some kind of numerical data calculated using all the values from all the cells specified. For the star it may be for example the sum of all values.

What is the user supposed to do and
what is the macro supposed to do with it? Is the macro supposed to run
in Calc, Writer or what?
It should be used in Calc.