On Sep 26, 2006, at 13:03, James McKenzie wrote:

James McKenzie wrote:
Ross Bernheim wrote:

On Sep 25, 2006, at 20:54, Kirill S. Palagin wrote:

What specifically is inconvinient in supporting Word/Excel?

Because I need to convert the document and save it in Word/Excel
format rather than odf.

It is possible to set the save as to Word and Excel, I think.  I will
check on this.

Just did.   You can access the save feature by selecting Tools ->
Options.  Select Load/Save then General.  There is a selection box half
way down the page that has two dropdown lists.  The one on the left is
the type of document and the one on the right is the default format to
save to.

James McKenzie

I know how to do that, but then I would not be using odf and supporting MS's lock on the desktop. I prefer to use odf and at least make those using MS's
programs aware that there are alternatives and not everyone has or wants
MS's programs and lock in.

Ross