Dan Lewis wrote:

>       I have both OOo 2.0.3 and 2.0.4RC2 installed on my system
> (Mandriva Linux 10.2) in different folders in .opt/. They also have
> different folders in my home folder (.openoffice.org2/
> and .ooo-2.0/).
>      When I change the path to "My Documents" in Tools > Options >
> OpenOffice.org > Paths for the 2.0.4RC2 version, it changes the path
> in 2.0.3 to /root/. It also places a lock in front of "My Documents"
> so that I can not edit its path.
>      I have already renamed ~/.openoffice.org2 and restarted 2.0.3.
> This set the paths back to default. After closing 2.0.3 and
> restarting 2.0.4RC2, I changed the temporary files paths. After
> closing 2.0.4RC2 and opening 2.0.3, the temporary files path now is
> locked and can not be changed.

It was necessary to change the path configuration data in 2.0.4 to fix
some evil bugs and to make features relying on path settings extendable
by packages.

As a side effect it seems that you can't use 2.0.4 and older 2.x
versions together with the same user data. If you still want to keep
both versions together you must redirect one of them to a different
profile by editing the bootstraprc file.

Best regards,
Mathias

Please reply to the list only, [EMAIL PROTECTED] is a spam sink.